‘Summer Seed Grants to support training in Cardiovascular Research’ – CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The CCVR solicits proposals to support graduate/undergraduate student research in the areas of cardiovascular physiology, cardiovascular applications, or cardiovascular health. We anticipate making up to four awards of $5000, with the anticipated start date of June 15, 2016.
showbox for ipad
- Encourage new collaborations among CSU faculty engaged in cardiovascular research.
Best Laptops for College Students
- Encourage interaction among CCVR members across colleges and within the University of Colorado Health (UCH) system.
- Support student training in areas of cardiovascular research.
- Encourage participation in CCVR activities (seminars, journal club) and research initiatives.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants are:
- Graduate students currently enrolled at CSU in a PhD or Master’s degree program, or CSU undergraduate students with at least one semester’s experience working in a CCVR lab.
- The student’s mentor must be an active member of the Center for Cardiovascular Research.
- Winners required to attend CCVR seminars and journal club meetings during the 2015-16 academic year, and present their research at the CCVR Symposium planned for Spring 2016.
- 2 pages, including
- Project Description. Include Background and Significance to cardiovascular science and/or health, Specific Aims and Expected Outcomes.
- Collaborative aspects. Preference will be given to projects that
- represent a new collaboration among two or more research groups
- include researchers from >1 CSU college and/or a UCH team member
- tie together basic research components with clinical or translational components
- Budget. Funds may support graduate student salary, supplies, equipment under $1000, travel and computer purchases.
- Participation: Describe the anticipated involvement of student and mentor in the CCVR in 2016-2017 year. Participation might include any of the following: Journal Club, Seminar series, Symposium 2016, Faculty committees, and Annual meeting.
- CV of student
- Letter of support from the mentor
Due date: April 20, 2016
Email completed proposals to:
For questions concerning proposal
requirements, please contact:
Dr. Deborah Garrity
Director, Center for Cardiovascular Research